Monday, February 23, 2009

Confused

Ok...now I'm confused. I took Pup to the doc today because last night he had a horrible croupy like cough. The doc said we should for sure postpone the tubes on Thursday. I agree. Then he said he couldn't believe we were even getting them because Pup had never had an ear infection. This doc is a regular pediatrician and our older son's doc. He's not the pediatrician we normally take Pup too. He said we should wait out the winter. That tubes with no ear infections seemed pretty aggressive. He doesn't have experience with FX so I don't know what to think. I will email his dev. ped. tonight and see what kind of a response I get. THe ENT wanted to do it right away. The ped., however, said that ENTs are surgeons and generally like to cut. What should I do?

3 comments:

ST said...

I think if he has negative ear pressure, with or without ear infection, it might be a good idea to get the tubes. I wish we had gotten them for our son sooner. He got his in December, when we was about 26 months old, and since then we've seen big improvements in sleep and language development. It could just be developmental, but the tests our audiologist did repeatedly showed that he had fluid in his ears - which can disrupt sleep and cause some hearing difficulties. Just my two cents.

Vicki Davis said...

Josephine, go with your heart. My understanding is that it isn't going to hurt him but except maybe for an arduous procedure that he won't remember, but so many kids see such amazing approvements with it. Holly has already had one ear infection and the Pediatrician didn't say anything about tubes but after hearing your story I want to have her hearing checked again, she had trouble passing the test in the hospitol. But I am Paranoid too.,

Anonymous said...

Jo- I don't know what you decided ... hope you are all okay and keeping you in our thoughts.