Wednesday, December 10, 2008

OT Evaluation Today

Puppy had an OT evaluation today (Occupational Therapist) for fine motor, etc. So far, she said he's on track with typically developing kids so her recommendation was not to have OT at this time. He was grabbing things, pushing up on his hands, etc. That is, when they weren't in his mouth from all the teething. AJ kept watching saying, "Look, Mom, he's doing well." He and Daddy played with blocks while the therapist was here. She did say she had some concerns about some gross motor things. She felt he should be sitting up better at this point, but she's really not sure and would consult a PT to see if it warrants any physical therapy. So all in all, good news today. He was very smiley and happy. It wore him out so now he's. . .




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww poor baby he is all tuckered out :)

Vicki Davis said...

I am sooooo Loveing the daily updates and with pictures YEAH!! I am glad to hear he is doing well with the OT Fine Motor stuff. Holly also has some gross motor Delays, but they are related to high tone and head extention, she actually sat early. It is weird what a spectrun disorder this is and how everything is so different.

SJH said...

You are doing an amazing job! I loved that Al was doing "exercises." I am glad that the OT eval went well! DId you feel it would?

Jen said...

In response to your questions on my blog...
I teach fourth grade--exhausting, but I like the fact that they are a little more independent than the younger ones.
As one can see from the age difference, we waited quite a while before having Evan. I had always wanted another one, but genetics held me back; I don't think I would have handled having another very well when they boys were younger--that's probably a huge understatement. It's definitely hard starting all over again, but I know everything will be alright.
Our daughter also has a full mutation; we didn't have her tested until she was 12, and the only reason that we did was because we were going to be in a study. We don't consider her to be affected. Perhaps if I let her be examined with a "fine-toothed comb," they could come up with something that they could relate to FX, but overall, she's just an amazing daughter who leads a "normal" life. I mean really, nobody can show me a person and say, "This is THE normal person by which we shall base the status of all others." I realize that there are girls who have the full mutation who are affected--I know of a girl who is severly affected---Chelsey is one of the lucky ones. Maybe some mental health issues will come about in the future, but that can happen to someone who doesn't have FX, too.
I guess you didn't ask about my daughter, but I just thought I'd throw that in there. :)