Tuesday, November 25, 2008

So thrilled

I came on here tonight and didn't realize that people were posting comments! I'm so happy you are all reading.....
About the eye contact... I agree with all of you. If he's a comfy distance away he'll stare right at you. At his well baby exam last week (6 months!) the regular pediatrician said he had a slight gaze aversion also. But I think he was looking for it because he had just read Dr. H's report. I'm not discounting the fact that he has FX, but I don't think he would've thought anything if he didn't know Pup had fragile x. What baby stares at your face for 10 minutes! He's doing well and that's what I'm grateful for this Thanksgiving. Considering I prepared myself for a floppy, poor feeding, etc. baby during my pregnancy so far I've been blessed. I hate Fragile X and what it's done to my life. I'm tired of analyzing everything he's doing. I just want to love him and I think that's what I'm going to do.

His ears have to be watched as he didn't do well on the right side on his hearing test. He may need tubes although he hasn't had any ear infections.

Anyway, I think Pup started saying baba tonight....I can't be sure but it sounded like it. Maybe if I believe it it'll be true.

AJ, at school today, said that on Thanksgiving he's going to eat PB and J sandwiches. I thought that was funny.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

No ear infections rock!! I don't get why he would need tubes if he has never had one. Seems like it's a little excessive :(