Saturday, November 27, 2010

Yowza!

My sister brought it to my attention that it has been a year since I blogged. I can't at this time catch up on the entire past year....at least not today, but I promise myself that I'm going to start again. Too much has happened in the past year for me to write everything, but at some point I will probably highlight some good stuff. I can only do what I can do, right?

Work has kept me very busy as well as my kids. Pup is doing well and will start ABA next week. AJ is in kindergarten now and is doing well. So, to get myself started I told my husband I would at least write something to get myself going....here it is. I was dreading having to start again as I felt so much time has past, but I really don't need to record every detail of the past year and can just start from today.

BUT, now that I'm sitting and typing, I feel compelled to write some stuff down. Pup is finally starting to try to communicate. I say try because I feel that I as his mother am probably the only one who'd understand him. I worry about when he starts preschool in a few months. How will they know what he wants? He will start a second hour of speech this next week. Thank goodness for Regional Center.

Ok, this has wiped me out. More tomorrow. Promise.

2 comments:

SJH said...

Welcome back says said sister.

Vicki Davis said...

Is Pup going to a pre-school program through the regional center? Holly started Small Voices in may, it was a center based program through regional center instead of her IDS. She was not talking. Then in July she got her Ear Tubes and by August she actually started talking some. it is amazing. I understand much more then anyone else, but she can communicate. Before she was talking however she found a way. She used a picture system and sign language. When he turns three, If Pup isn't talking well he will have an IEP he will have a special needs teacher and she will be able to communicate with him.

I appealed for the second hour of SpeechTherapy three times and was denied all three. I am glad your region gave it to him. I know you want to focus on speech, but for communication, i really recommend using a picture system to help woth frustration and for him to learn fundimentals. Also i saw he was starting an ABA Program, did he get diagnosed with Autism? How many hours a week is he getting that for? i am glad to see you back, since I see you on facebook I hardly realized it had been so long. We head to Davis again in january for our final Eye tracking visit. Hope you guys are well. Is he doing Sertraline for speech?